Dreams of Water

Monday, January 29, 2007

Okay, So I'm Not Really in Hell, I Am Actually Feeling Quite Good

Okay, right after I entered my surrendering title, I connected my jump drive to the computer and tried for the thousandth time to upload images of my paintings, and for the thousandth time, I couldn't. I finally figured out that there is something fucking wrong with my jump drive! I've got nearly everything I own on that thing, and now I can't access it. Please, please, please. What I want is to access the drive and move everything over on to a new USB. If I can do that, I'll be more than happy. Who gives a shit about the drive itself? I just want the stuff on it.

Anyway, before that, I was going to upload a few pictures of paintings and talk about how I'm actually feeling quite good about my life again. I decided that the pieces of crap that were at the library aren't a big deal, and I'm lucky because I don't have to be around them, but they can't leave themselves.

Tonight, I'm at the school preparing for my substitute class, which is basically playing around on the computer because they'll be writing, and all I have to do is hang out with them and get paid for it. I like that.

I have many, many things to be happy about. Here are some of them:

*I was able to pay my rent the day they were going to evict me--ha!

*I just paid two car payments--the late one and the current one.

*I've gotten lots of compliments on my art and poetry.

*Everyone is trying to help and support me as a writer/artist/teacher.

*I really, really like my students this semester.

*I'm excited about teaching Creative Writing this semester for the first time in my life.

*I had a job interview over the weekend for a part-time job that I just might get.

*My pets love me.

*My kids love me.

*J.D. took me out to dinner over the weekend and let me cry on his shoulder.

*We went to a movie and we held hands--like true friends.

*I have many friends.

*Seventy-plus people love me enough to come out in the cold to see my show/reading.

*All-in-all, I'm okay. Everything's just all right.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home