Dreams of Water

Monday, January 08, 2007

Stuff I'm Thinking About Today

Because of my great friend and computer expert, J. Quinn, I have learned not to hate Google so much. He explained to me that my technical difficulties are not due to the switch-over entirely, but by happenstance I started using a less-than-superior computer at a coffee shop about the same time the switch-over occurred, and most of my problems are due to the computer. Alas, I cannot blame the problems on the unknown Google Gods, but on the free computer and internet access that comes with a hot cup of coffee.

So until I get to a library I will not be able to upload images. But by the time I get around to sharing my work, I will have a lot of paintings to show you. Practically every day lately I have been painting and writing. I’ve been a little under the weather—not bad—so I’ve been staying home and resting, meditating, and preparing for my upcoming show at Watermark Books and Café, which, by the way is Friday, January 26th at 6:00 p.m. I’ll read poetry and open my solo exhibit that night. You’re all invited.

Besides painting and writing (and receiving a lot of help from friends like J. Quinn and his girlfriend), I’ve been focusing on just feeling better. I’ve had a very shitty attitude for several weeks now, and I’ve realized that feeling shitty feels very shitty. I don’t like feeling that way. For the most part, I eat a pretty healthy diet. I almost never eat sugar. I seldom eat carbohydrates. I try to eat fresh or frozen foods and basically keep it simple when it comes to eating. My only sin is caffeine of which I drink a ton. But since my mom became ill, and my life was disrupted and then the holidays rolled around I have eaten my body weight in sugar and carbs. I was doing pretty well on this new diet the first few weeks I stuffed myself with pies and rolls, but after about a month or two I started wearing down and feeling really bad. So I changed my diet. I’m back on my no-sugar/low carb, fresh food diet, and I’m starting to feel better again.

Often, when I tell people I eat a healthy diet they think I am trying to lose weight. I’m one of those people who has to worry more about losing than gaining weight, so when people hear I diet they sometimes think I’m anorexic. No way. I love to eat, and I eat plenty of food; I just try to eat foods that make me feel better, give me more energy and such.

Well, in addition to changing my diet, I’ve rested a lot since I can, and I’ve made a point to meditate and redirect my negative thinking. Although I have some anxieties, I’m feeling happier, lighter—more filled with light, and more hopeful. Now all I need is to start sleeping at night, which I haven’t been doing for several weeks now. We’ll see how tonight goes.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home