Dreams of Water

Friday, March 09, 2007

Quick Blog


"Watching Over (Weathered)" is in my show. It's 4' x 4'. I call it "the critter," and it's a favorite of my friend, J.
I just learned that "No One," the poem, along with one of my paintings--I'm not sure which one--will be published in the upcoming Shocker Magazine. I'm also sending a couple written pieces into a contest and hope something good will come of that.
Here's a poem I wrote several years ago. It's a memory of western Kansas and my home.
The Snow Drift

Cows watched me through the ringing snow.
I stood atop a drift as high as the house and listened.
They stared silently across the low fence. Eyes pressing
out sadness. I grew afraid of large eyes staring.
They knew something I did not know of being lonely
in the cold. I turned from that cold, did not hear it slip
past to make an inexorable place inside.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home