Dreams of Water

Sunday, May 27, 2007

I'm God

I deleted my scathing criticism of religion from yesterday. Not because I in any way disagree with it, but because I've learned over time, such negative responses are unhelpful to everyone--most especially me. Because I am God, and I create my life, I decided I mustn't show a lack of love toward my own creations, even the religious ones.

The difficulty in criticizing religion is that the religious (in particular, I mean the Conservative American Christian) just don't understand the criticism. These religious people define the world in very narrow terms, and because this is their confining world view, they seem very unable to understand an argument that reaches outside of that tiny view. In addition, they have a neurotic need to proselytize and save every soul--even if that means disrespecting and destroying the people who possess these souls in the process (as history reveals).

My life has never been easily defined. My experience has been very complicated and full of ambiguities and complexities. I'm very satisfied with that. Of course, it is very frustrating, difficult, and even despairing at times. But it is also beautiful, magical, joyful.

For me to know God is utmost--but I am God. My struggle is the human experience. A God in limited form, living on the human plane, in a human body, with all the limitations this creates is what is most difficult and most inspiring for an omnipotent being such as myself. Remembering my power, reclaiming it, learning to use it in this realm--that's the frustration and the excitement.

For me, this has nothing to do with religion although the great religious teachers--like Buddha, and Jesus among many others--taught us our miraculous powers by their example. But of course we misinterpreted their lessons and thought they were the only ones capable of such greatness. We separated them from ourselves. Somewhere in that Bible Jesus asks "Are we not all Gods?" For me, this is the ultimate freedom. Religion is control and imprisonment. Of course, to the religious my philosophy is blasphemy. But how can I blaspheme against Myself? I bless me.

2 Comments:

  • Your use of the collective "they" dilutes your commentary. I am Christian, to which means to me that I believe in God; however, I am not affiliated with any formal religion. I am interested in what your definition of "God" is, as you claim to be God. Whether used as god or God, the word depicts some leadership and control, among many other characteristics. I do not associate self-centeredness, self-delusion and utter confusion with any god/God. How can you claim to be such?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 11:56 AM  

  • You are not the Potter, you are the clay...Satan also wanted the position of God and God struck him as lightening out from his presence...you would be wise to turn your feet while you still can...there is only one true God, and you are not He.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 4:54 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home