Dreams of Water

Friday, September 15, 2006

Friday, September 15, 2006

What I have to remind myself of, what is so important for me to remember is my life is a creative process. Reading Julia Cameron's books The Artist's Way, Letters to a Young Artist, The Sound of Paper, and currently, Walking in this World, I have learned to be more "allowing" more forgiving and less controlling when it comes to creating a painting or a poem, but when I was reading Cameron's work I sensed, I even knew somewhere inside of myself that the same concepts that Julia was talking about with regards to creativity are true regarding the rest of my life--most importantly to me at the time was the financial aspect.

My ex-husband told me to watch What the *Bleep* Do We Know? Even though I had been questioning along these lines already, the movie boggled my mind. I watched it with my kids who had seen it before, and they had to assure me that the movie was true. When I saw the pictures of the water crystals I was stunned, completely disbelieving, and my kids told me that this wasn't made up. I went to bed that night, not being able to get those pictures out of my mind. I thought about the movie for days, and the more I thought about it, the more confused I became. But I kept watching the movie, now with my students, and we would discuss it. Some of my students were thrilled about the message of the movie, and others were completely bored. Some were just glad to have a movie day. But the engaged students did lend insight to me, and that's when I came across a strange little book at the bookstore. I walked past Ask and It is Given and almost laughed at the cheesy picture on the cover of the sky with a bird flying through it. But I was intrigued. I sat in the bookstore and read almost half of the book. Then I had to buy it. I ravenously finished the book. In short, it woke me up. Ever since I finished the book, I have been unable to think in my old way. When I start to delve into that monster mind, I at least know now that I am choosing my own insanity. I mean that.

Well, I have had to drive to two libraries to finish uploading and creating my blog for the last few days, and there's a guy about to cough all over me and die right beside me, so I'll go for now.
Is that negative? Maybe, but I think it's funny.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home